The National Weather Service has issued a Coastal Flood Advisory for Upper and Lower Jefferson Parish
Effective Thursday 7/23 7:00 am Until Friday 7/24 7:00 pm
* WHAT...Minor coastal flooding expected.
* WHERE...Portions of southeast and southern Mississippi and southeast Louisiana.
* WHEN...From 7 AM Thursday to 7 PM CDT Friday.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only isolated road closures expected.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Persistent east to southeast winds 15 to 25 mph through Friday are expected to produce tide levels 1 to 2 feet above normal during the high tide cycles Thursday and Friday, mainly along east and southeast facing shorelines.
If travel is required, allow extra time as some roads may be closed. Do not drive around barricades or through water of unknown depth. Take the necessary actions to protect flood-prone property.